Performance will be held at Island Park at the new "Island Park Arts Pavilion."
The show will be on Wednesday, August 18th at 6pm
(In the event of inclement weather, the show will be held at the Morey Education Center)
No entry fee required!
The top three finishers will receive a cash prize:
1st Place: $5,000 Cash Prize
2nd Place: $2,000 Cash Prize
3rd Place: $1,000 Cash Prize
1. All entries must be received by Monday, July 26th by 4:00PM. Late entries will not be accepted;
2. Audition times will be scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
3. ALL auditions will be performed A capella
4. All participants must be permanent residents of Isabella County. You may be asked to show proof.
5. Must be 16 years or older to participate. You may be asked to show proof.
6. Contestants can only be in ONE (1) act.
7. Acts may not exceed THREE (3) performers, including background vocals and or instrumental accompaniment.
8. Acts will be allotted no more than FIVE (5) MINUTES to perform. Acts will be PENALIZED if time is exceeded.
9. Acts will be allotted no more than FIVE (5) MINUTES in total for set up AND take down of any props or instruments.
10. NO profanity or vulgar lyrics in any performance. This is a family show!!!
11. Keep attire at a respectable and tasteful level. NO alcohol, tobacco, or drug advertisements are to be shown on any clothing.
12. NO pyrotechnics, open flames or any other dangerous additions.
13. Videos may NOT be used as part of an act.
14. NO Lip-syncing (singing or mouthing to pre-recorded music that already has the lyric track).
15. If you are using a CD/digital track for singing, the lyric track must be removed so that it is only instrumental/karaoke.
16. Sound Technician and microphone(s) will be provided. YOU must provide your own music, instruments, props, keyboard, etc., if needed.
17. Acts will be notified via email and text by the end of the day on August 4, 2021 whether or not they have been accepted.
In consideration of the acceptance of my participation, I, for myself, my executors, administrators, and my assignees, do hereby release and discharge the City of Mt. Pleasant, The Morey Foundation, and any other sponsors, officials, and volunteers for all claims of damage and or actions whatsoever in any matter arriving or growing out of my participation in the “Battle of Local Vocals” competition.
Tryouts/Auditions will take place at:
Morey Education Center
380 W. Blanchard Rd., Shepherd, 48883.
Monday, July 26th beginning at 6:00PM
Wednesday, July 28th beginning at 6:00PM
Monday, August 2nd beginning at 6:00PM
Please direct all questions to:
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED